Re: Google capchas

While just playing around I wrote a text captcha in Pure Basic that generates random math problems like What is three times six. If you use your arrow keys you'll notice that there are no numbers in the text of the math question. The captcha asks that you answer in words rather than numbers, so the answer to the above question is eighteen. Also it randomply chooses the function so you might get an addition, or a subtraction, or a multiplication, or division, or a percentage problem. It also randomly chooses the phrasing of the question, so one time it might ask what is twenty one divided by seven, but the next time it asks, how many time does seven go into twenty one? To make answering the question easier it restricts answers to integers, no fractions or decimals. It also generates problems that can be solved in your head, nothing so complex or with numbers big enough to need a calculator. A short but interesting project.

---

A note for those that might be interes ted, despite being more than a year old, Captcha Be Gone is still selling at the introductory prices. You can either subscribe for $3 per month or $33 per year. I don't know what the regular price will be, if he ever switches to charging it. I just got a receipt, thanking me for renewing for another year. Although I would have just let it ride, it would have been nice to get a notice ahead of time just in case I had decided not to renew.