Re: Does anyone have a copy of Endgame by Malinch Entertainment?

@Dark those examples should have worked. Yes, it's easy to say in hindsight, but that's the kind of implementation flaw which IMO ought to be accounted for in testing. Because, of course, if it had, you wouldn't have encountered that frustration. I played Shade to the end, incidentally, and didn't much care for it. Zarf's other older output, particular A Change in the Weather (very hard), Catharsis (very moving) or Spider and Web (hard, but absolutely mind-blowing) take my fancy better. The latter really stresses your parsing abilities. Zarf (that's Plotkin, BTW) explicitly didn't implement all body parts just so he could make the mechanics work. I absolutely take the point that it can be challenging--just not impossible, and often, an awful lot of fun once you are, you know, one with the game. smile

I will check out Code 7 as well now you mention i t. I have just had the dubious pleasure of playing "Good Boy", a sample Twine game. I don't like Twine much at all; it's not as nice as ChoiceScript (but it looks nicer to work with, which is why people do, I suppose). The game itself was simple but amusing.

Inkle Studios' stuff, last time I tried it, wasn't accessible. That's too bad.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Sebby via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Sebby via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : targor via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Sebby via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Sebby via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : targor via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Sebby via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Sebby via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Sebby via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Eleniendord via Audiogames-reflector