Re: Does Anyone Know How To Compile Liquid Soap

It's not exclusively a linux product. It'll work fine under Mac OS, or anything else for that matter that is based on a Unix kernel (so... anything but our favourite odd man out Windows).
I've actually seen a decent amount of Linux open source that does take steps to accommodate Windows (though to be fair, Libraries are more likely to do this more so than applications). Liquidsoap is dependant on a library called Libshout (this is the library that actually provides the streaming to Shoutcast and Icecast servers) that strongly refuses to build under visual studio due to baked-in use of unix-specific APIs.
Cygwin is the way around this, but it's not without it's caveats (external dependancies, executable becomes GPL-licensed, etc).
In my free time I've actually been working on a scriptable audio streaming application which I use for my own needs. If I had a lot of time to work on it I'd strive to bring it to the point where I'd be comfortable releasing it, but it too is dependant on libshout which ties it down pretty hard to unix like platforms. If I removed that dependancy and wrote the networking code myself I could make it build on Windows pretty easily.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : shotgunshell via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Trajectory via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : shotgunshell via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Trajectory via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : shotgunshell via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Trajectory via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : blindndangerous via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Trajectory via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : shotgunshell via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : shotgunshell via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : ogomez92 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : ShokoladnikTaict via Audiogames-reflector