Re: NBA 2k17 current accessibility report

@Moritz,
First, press R1.  Next, press the button of the player you wish to pass to.  Then the pass will be made.  You have to press the button that corresponds to the player after R1 for the pass to be completed.  To review, if your controller has a diamond formation of buttons:  The bottom button of the diamond will pass to your point guard, Steph Curry for me.  The button on the right of the diamond will pass to your shooting guard, Clay Thompson, for me.  The top button passes to either your small or power forward, can't remember which.  In my case, it goes to Kevin Durant.  The left button of the diamond goes to the other forward, Anthony Davis, for me.  The left trigger will go to your center, Kevin Love, for me.  So, let's say I'm moving up the court.  Curry has the ball.  I cross the half-court line, then press R1, then the right button to pass to Thompson.  R1, and then the left hand button to pass to Davis.  He moves to his left, then sends it across court to KD when I press R1, followed by the up button of the diamond.  I have KD head toward the hoop, then press R1 followed by the left trigger to dish it to Love.  Love posts up on the defender, but instead of taking the shot, I press R1, then the bottom button to kick out to Curry for the three.
As for shooting:  I do not use the right stick, although this is an option if you so choose.  I prefer to use the left button of the diamond.  I find that holding down for about half a second seems to produce the best results.  Every player is slightly different, so you just have to get a feel for that sort of thing.
On defense:  Be sure that you move toward your opponent's goal when they have the ball.  Do this for about 5 to 7 dribbles after the inbound pass.  Then, be sure to switch to the closest defender to the ball each time you hear the opposing t eam pass.  You'll be able to hear when the recipient catches the ball.  Immediately switch to the closest defender.  I believe pressing the bottom button of the diamond does this.  Then, be sure to use your right stick to attempt a shot block by pressing up, or to aggressively guard, by pressing in the direction of your opponent.  And don't forget to occasionally try for the steal by pressing the left button of the diamond after switching to the nearest defender.  I hope that helps.  @Death:
When you have the ball, here's a way to lessen the out of bounds mistake.  Make sure that you are going in the correct direction of your goal.  If you are playing at home, you will begin by going toward the left until half-time, at which point that will switch.  When it is your turn to inbound, do so, and then count six dribbles.  On the sixth dribble, let off of the left stick.  You will be across the line, at or ve ry close to the three point line.  Set your play from there, and make your passes as you so choose.  That being said, you will go out of bounds sometimes.  It just happens.  But that should definitely lessen your issue.  I hope that helps the both of you.

JLove

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : JLove via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : death via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : JLove via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : JLove via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : death via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : JLove via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : JLove via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : JLove via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : hadi . gsf via Audiogames-reflector