Re: OrCam MyEye?

You can learn about the products on the product's home page.

There are two editions: Orcam My Reader and Orcam My Eye. The latter has face recognition and barcode recognition. Only the software differentiates them.

The product consists of a unit clipped to a belt or put in a pocket and a camera that can be clipped to your glasses. The image recognition lets you indicate objects to read or identify by simply pointing at them with your finger or pushing a trigger button.

I think it's goofy. Regardless of any potential life-changing effects, which I can only assume will be most appreciated by those who already had sight and now need to rehabilitate, I found it clumsy to use when I tried it out. While I wouldn't sneeze at it if I had it for nothing, I doubt I'd ever wear it in public, and don't think it adds that much more than these other standalone solutions for scanning documents. And of course, with a f latbed scanner and/or a camera and just some software (mainstream or otherwise) you can achieve much the same effect for most practical purposes, for much less.