Re: Sonus GDE (Game Development Enviroment)

Hi,

So here are some thoughts, as a programmer myself.
What you have here is good. However, I can't see games only using 8 channels of tts, especially with preloaded text. The way I've always approached tts is to have a class that has the functions of TTS within it, then call those functions to speak arbitrary peaces of text on the fly.

The concept is good, and following all the tutorials I was able to make successful tests and even make modifications. I love the simplicity.

I would suggest having more audio channels. Quite simply, depending on how complex games may get, you're going to need a lot more than you have here.

And as Ethin pointed out, us programmers probably want a way of inputting code into the game its self. I'm assuming there is underlying code to everything the GDE does, and we could probably find it if we wanted to, but graphical programming just isn't going to cut it most of the time.

I sincerely look f orward to seeing what this thing can do when its fully released!