Re: Let's Build an RPG!

Kyleman123, thank you for the link and, by extension, the advice. I think I need to make a couple of things clear though.
1. This game is already built, in the sense that all the formulas are worked out, and as far as I can see, the math checks out. Exact numbers on skills/spells may have to change, but I know how I want everything laid out. Ditto the game's layout, the general storyline, the way I want items to work, damage types, map details, sound details...all of it. this isn't just a spit in the wind and a list of ideas with the hope that someone does 98% of the work.
2. I know from experience that the audiogame community, being fairly small on the whole, tends to be a different market entirely than the mainstream. This means that a lot of the defeatist-sounding advice in that thread you linked me to may not apply. I'm not sending my idea in full to some mainstream developer hoping they'll read it. I'm trying, essentially, to develop a small team to make an RPG. Given that it's not going to be a free project, and given that I absolutely do not expect a programmer or sound designer to work for peanuts, the idea would be to work out a financial arrangement where the team shares the profits somehow. I am not expecting to be the only one who is financially compensated here. The only hangup is that I can't pay in advance, but as far as I've ever known, this is not generally expected when people collaborate on projects, so long as financial terms are fully understood at the outset.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Jayde via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : blindncool via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Kyleman123 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : connor142 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Jayde via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Jayde via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : roelvdwal via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : keyIsFull via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Nocturnus via Audiogames-reflector