Re: Bitmessage

Also great for pedophiles, credit card thieves, drug dealers, official document forgers, and black hat hackers, who will undoubtedly be the main users of the service. ^_^
It sucks that every time something comes out like this that's what happens to it, everyday people have the rite to anonymity, especially when the main payment for using online services these days is semipersonal data, and by extension the add revenue that comes from it.
Many internet based companies will try anything  they think they can get away with to collect this payment, even while telling you it's actually free, or while pretending they aren't associated with the service you are actually using.
Still, the statistics don't lie, and I can't say it's particularly surprising.

I personally suggest "10minutemail" for sketchy signups, and a secondary email address tied in no way to your real one, E.G. different password, different security que stion, no backup phone number or email address or ties to mutual social media accounts, , and if possible, using a different service than your primary, for communications with unknowns.
With the kind of unsavory shit that always, with out fail happens on these new platforms, is it any wonder how many go bust? I want nothing to do with them, because who knows how it might effect me when it happens.