Samsung Galaxy S5 screen freezes with talkback

Hi folks,

I am currently using a S5 with Talkback, but I get weird screen freezes every now and then where the screen is on but I can't interact with anything.  Sometimes the vibrations still go off when I navigate, but it stops talking other times it does not respond at all.

This is especially frustrating when I have an incoming call.  The phone rings, but it does not respond whether  I tap or swipe or do anything.  It usually unfreezes when I lock the screen for a few seconds and then unlock it.  Obviously this is not an option when I am receiving a call.

Is this issue a general issue people experience, with Android, or is my phone just garbage? All my blind friends keep telling me to get an iPhone.  I think Talkback works fine and I don't need a new phone, especially not one as expensive as an iPhone, but if this is a general issue with Android devices I may reconsider.