Bluetooth 5 and Audio

Hi all,

I've heard about Bluetooth 5. Is it true that audio latency has been decreased? Does it improve the HFP and HSP profiles? I have Bluetooth 4 headphones and these profiles sound slightly better. Still, they are in mono and offer about 16 KHZ quality. I love Bluetooth audio, but the latency and the low quality microphone problems are the things that prevent me from using it for all my audio tasks. I've discovered that using APTX compatible hardware makes the bluetooth lag nearly undetectable which is awesome. Having said that, not all devices support APTX. I'm looking at iOS. Silly Apple refuses to support the low latency codec.