Re: Lost and Hound Demo - Rescue Dog RPG for the sighted and blind alike

To be honest I am finding it refreshing that so many people are having issues due to the fact the game needs a lot of resources.
And I hope a lot more of you have more issues in the future.
To put it in perspective, up till now, audiogames have needed little power, are really basic and use things like vb6, some of the dotnet languages, bgt and some python.
Now I know a lot of sighted games need powerfull systems to run.
The fact that the unreal engine is being used as it is for access in a way it can be used means we are one step closer to things.
It makes me as a user and gamer suddenly realise that I am not alone.
The world left me in a hole and I may as well just use what I have which is not all powerfull but still is well what all blindy related stuff  is needed etc, etc.
Suddenly I find I need to update my video drivers to use the game.
I also find my video card along with a lot of others is expired and will need replacing.
I am however in a position where I can buy with some assistance a new system.
Right now I have a business grade i5 toshiba, I plan by the end of the year to be having a gaming grade i7, the base rate of this system will not break my budget and I should be albe to get in all the upgrades I need for well not much more.
I can not bare to spend 3-5000 or more on a box.
However for 1700 for the basics which is just over the most expensive business pricing, pluss another 200 or so for a case ram and maybe some more drives, who knows.
Fact is games for the blind have never been powerfull in requirments.
Saying that, if this was just for the blind I'd want it written in a less intensive engine, however the fact a sighted blind mainstream indie game is being created excites me a lot.
The last time that happened was teraformas and while it crashed a lot and is a bit crappy, it was a good game, and I enjoyed it.
Mudsplat is another game it is a bit problem atic when run but still.
Before that there was the blind eye which while a example only concept it showed what the engine could do.
well not this engine but sighted and blind type hybrids could do.
One thing to note though, I don't see a blind person ever having more than 2gb of video ram unless you got 3-6gb given to you or needed it video cards cost a lot.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : mojsior via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : daisyalesoundworks via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Jeffb via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : crashmaster via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : daisyalesoundworks via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : daisyalesoundworks via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : crashmaster via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : daisyalesoundworks via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Haramir via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : crashmaster via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : daisyalesoundworks via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : daisyalesoundworks via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : gregsteel via Audiogames-reflector