Re: Lost and Hound Demo - Rescue Dog RPG for the sighted and blind alike

@128
In all honesty, I think you're taking accessibility to all a little too literally.  By this, I do not mean that you shouldn't try and make it run on every computer, but I'd sugges you face up to the realities of technological advancement - if people have older machines, they'll have to upgrade sooner or later.

It's like Killer Instinct.  I tried to run it with my integrated graphics chip.  Needless to say, it ran at an unplayable level, so much so that it crashed due to the integrated chip.

I understood that I would have to upgrade my graphics card to accommodate the game.  When I did get one as a gift, the game ran absolutely fine with no crashing issues to do with the previously mentioned hardware.

If the game is playable to both gamers without sight and those gamers with sight who want to play it, that's all you can do.  Hardware isn't really your problem, I'd say.  There are games that I can't play because I don't have the hardware (those only available on Mac, for example).  I am only aware that the developers don't have to make those accessible to other platforms, in this case, and that if I get a mac, I can play the games then.

The same is true for hardware - if I had an older computer that wouldn't run it, though I'd be annoyed about not being able to play the game, I'd be fine with waiting until my computer is capable of running it.

I hope I'm making sense.  Basically, don't beat yourself up over it too much - your project is still very interesting and shouldn't be bogged down via overaccommodation.

Regardless, though, keep up the good work and hope everything goes well.

    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Guitarman via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : gregsteel via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Sightless Kombat via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : danang137 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : daisyalesoundworks via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : daisyalesoundworks via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : devinprater via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : daisyalesoundworks via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Nick via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Nick via Audiogames-reflector