Re: The Future and past of audio games

CAE, I love post #24. What a great way to describe the neurology of sense involved in this discussion.

Chris, regarding the comment that AHC may be a game-changer...who knows? I definitely don't want to toot our horn too loud, but I can tell you this: a couple of the people I talked to at GDC who are involved in the gaming accessibility movement, who were all very enthusiastic about what we're trying to do, told me straight-up that they don't just want to see us succeed out of generosity. It's also self-serving. They recognize the need for a game that demonstrates how accessible design can be implemented in a way that provides an engaging, high-quality experience for everyone, because that would validate what they're doing, and would be something they could point developers to and say, "Look—this is how it works, and this is why it's something you should want to do."

So, whether it's AHC, or some other project that someone else makes down the line, some day someone is going to create that milestone game that blind and sighted players can both sink their teeth into...and maybe that game will change everything. Or maybe that game will go mostly unnoticed, but somebody will be inspired by it and make another fully accessible game, and so on, and so on, until finally the landscape changes.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Rastislav Kiss via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Aprone via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : MikeFont via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Rory via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Aprone via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Aprone via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Joseph Westhouse via Audiogames-reflector