Re: question about King Of Dragon Pass

It's been a while since I played KoDP, but I don't think a trickster is required for any heroquests. They just make certain events easier, and allow you to pick options you couldn't otherwise. They appear randomly, so it's worth checking your nobles every few years.

Good luck. The quests are tough at times, but totally worth the effort.