Gopher sites

So I'm just wondering why more of us are not using gopher sites.
Gopher is a menu based system for transferring files. A normal gopher site resides on port 70. And the cool thing about gopher is you don't have to learn html. This is the description of gopher from Wikipedia.
A Gopher system consists of a series of hierarchical hyperlinkable menus. The choice of menu items and titles is controlled by the administrator of the server.
A gophermap is a file that describes how your gopher site looks. This is what a gophermap looks like.
iWelcome to my gopher site. none example.com 70
1Contact me /contact example.com 70
0AboutThisGopher about.txt example.com 70
1MyGames /games example.com 70
1AnotherGopherSite / gopher.example2.com 70
Now I could place another gophermap file in the /contact directory and the gopher server would parse that file and display it the way I want too.
I means inf so you could have text there. It really stands for image but sence we put none there it just displays the text.
Remember to put tabs in your gopher file. the gophermap is written like this.
So if your gopher menu entry was called contact and it linked to the contact directory on your gopher site your gophermap would look like this.

1ContactMe /contact mygopher.example.com 70
You could even link to a zip file or a exe file like this.
9game game.zip mysite.example.com 70
Sorry this post is long. When I descovered gopher I really loved it and I thought it was better than browsing the web in some ways. Remember fokes this was back befor http. So I hope you liked reading and I am wondering why we don't use gopher sites a lot more.