Re: Free Windows 10 Upgrade for Assistive Technology Users Ending Dec. 31

so people are installing windows 10 because they think it's easier to install than 7 or 8?
there are talking installers for both available and I use them a lot for fixing people's computers. after a full install of win 7 for example narrator will work strait off at the setup screen.

I refused to upgrade from xp to vista back in the day because I knew too much about it. it was badly written and badly supported and businesses weren't even going near it.
when 7 came out I was happy to upgrade to that. loved it and still do. I still don't understand why Microsoft don't; as somebody mentioned earlier; just bring out optional updates for things like the visuals, start menus or what ever and just stick to windows 7 as they should have. instead they brought out 8 which was a total flop and now 10 which pretty much nobody I know likes and my friends who work in large companies on the tech teams tell me they are refusing to upgrade to again like they did with vista.

a lot of huge companies in England are only just switching from xp because ms stopped support and updates and so then anti virus companies etc did as well.

I'm even getting messages on websites now telling me they don't support internet explorer and to update to edge so even people running windows 10 are going to have that problem unless jaws finally fixed it in the new version.

most computers you buy now will come with win 10 pre installed and you have no choice. they can't be roled back because of the convoluted way it works with the bios and the hard drive. it's doable, I've done it for a couple of people but it is insanely complicated and I don't think ms have the rite to force that on people if they don't want it. they force it to the point that if you have a 7th gen processor, one of the windows 7 updates detects that and keeps telling you to update to windows 10 and runs like crap if you ignore it.