Re: Jaws2018 is out and possible upcoming firefox problem with jaws

An $150 per upgrade? Then, why is FS charging $550 to go from 15 to 2018. If you notice, that is 4 upgrades. System is best compared to what web aloud used to be if anyone remembers what that product is. System access, as far as I can tell, is designed for home use instead of professional use like what FS seems to be aiming for with JAWS. This may be why serotech seems to offer system access with serro and DocuScan plus in one package. Yes you get basic support for word and the like, but you might want to use something else with more professional type features. Now one interesting thing is that jaws 2018 has built in basic scanning. To me, if I am force to update to windows 10 today, I will be force over to NVDA seeing that I am four versions behind on JAWS. I myself have been known to work with word documents that had comments that I had to gain access to. Having JAWS bring up and display a list of those comments to me has proven useful. On the other hand, JAWS could be a bit better when it comes to getting around word document tables. Every now and then, having the document in question presented to me as an HTML document has made things a touch easier when there was a bunch of a headings to getting around. Go look at the user guide for the latest braille sense for an example. Yes, I have used JAWS to create power point things and found it doable, but I often find that I export power point files to RTF outlines when I need to look at said files. Not always the best, but it works. It is worth noting that I am using office 2010. As a side note, knowing when the formatting changes helps a bunch. I also find that hitting shift plus alt plus l to give me a list of misspelled words and then hitting enter on one of those misspelled words to jump to the misspelled word of my choice to be really useful. Now, I really do need to get to seeing if NVDA does what I need it to do, and if not, what it would take to make it work.