Re: Getting really frustrated at NVDA

raygrote wrote:

I've discovered that some programs are more apt to do this than others. An old version of Gold Wave I sometimes use, for instance, doesn't have the issue. There are also other apps I use which may or may not make my system act up depending on what they're doing, and I can't fully explain or predict this, but I'm starting to wonder if it's at least partially an x64 vs x86 compatibility issue. NVDA is a 32 bit program trying to interface with 64 bit components on an x64 system, and I wonder if that is causing more hassle.

A friend of mine looked into it a bit and, after some investigation, he can reproduce the problem too, and was able to give me more detailed logs than I sent to NV Access which point to NVDA's interfacing with UIA. I wish I had known these things before I sent that e-mail, but ah well. If they get back to me and request more information I will supply those logs.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : raygrote via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : the_ruler_of_dark_forces via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : dongargon via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : the_ruler_of_dark_forces via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : raygrote via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : raygrote via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : ShadowMamba via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : timberwolf1991 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : timberwolf1991 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : raygrote via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : raygrote via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : the_ruler_of_dark_forces via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : ManFromTheDark via Audiogames-reflector