Quests about C and C++

Hello.
There are several questions about C and C ++. Note. The questions are addressed to those who are not new to C and C ++.
So:
1. For whom is C ++?
In general, I are interested in your IMHO who need to learn C ++.
If I want to develop games, including those that do not require high performance, text-based online MUD games, while I do not want to write the engine from scratch, and use the ready one, can C ++ approach me?
I will explain more specifically. The matter is that I need to develop a server on Linux. There are 3 options. C / C ++ / Python.
C - Many MUD game engines are mostly just in C. But there is an opinion that C is harder to write than C ++.
C ++ - many engines are also there, but the capabilities of the language are wider, which slows down the learning process.
Python - as a whole is good, on syntax, on libraries, but it is not reliable. I want to avoid it, but I consider it in extreme cases. Low productivity.
2. The same question that was the first. Only with C. For whom C? Should I even consider C?
3. It is said that the development of C is much more difficult than in C ++. How much is true about application software?
4. Both with respect to C and C ++, how much should I know, if I do not intend to develop from scratch, but use ready-made tools?
In general, I saw the same circlemud of 2000, there is more than the base C variables, conditions, loops, pointers, not used. Basically the C library itself.
5. I do not know about C, but about C ++ they say that it takes many years to study it for the solution. On how much is this true in my cases? If I'm aiming at ready-made tools, do I need to know a lot?
6. Is it possible to study C and C ++ simultaneously?
In general, I think the topic you caught, because I will take any reasoning.
Thank you in advance!