Re: Your future on Alter Aeon: a Discussion of game trends

There are good points on both sides here, and I won't be addressing too many of them because I would just be repeating what others have already said. However, let me just comment on the issue of discontent and civility.
I would agree that overall, the changes to soften the blow for high level players have been relatively minor, as in, not actually reducing the 10 months mathematical equation by much. This can lead some players to believe that their concerns aren't being taken seriously. The question then is how to act when you feel you are not being listened to. I am a pretty regular AA player, but there are also months where I only really log on sporadically to look at changelogs and such because I have no motivation to actually play the game. To me, that seems preferable over trolling and being bitter. Some players might argue that they still log on to chat, which can in fact still be done without spreading discontent over the whole game.
So, even if the players who are now banned felt like they weren't being listened to , they could've done two things. They could have stayed on the game, regardless of whether they actually played, and continue to voice their concerns in a civil manner. Or, they could have stopped logging in, found a way to contact their friends off the game, and still not be disruptive to the environment on AA itself. They chose neither, so I will not choose their side. It seems a little inappropriate to first spread around discontent, then cry foul when you bite off more than you can chew. I know the player Teros does write here that he thinks his ban was deserved, but this is not just about him, it's more general and also relating to Ignotus's case.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : keyIsFull via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : keyIsFull via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Draq via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Lokar via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Lokar via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Lokar via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Lokar via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : keyIsFull via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : arjan via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Dentin via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Dentin via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Dentin via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Dentin via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Draq via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : keyIsFull via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : grryfindore via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : grryfindore via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : JLove via Audiogames-reflector