Re: Your future on Alter Aeon: a Discussion of game trends

Dentin wrote:

JLove wrote:

My second observation is this:  If any developer of any game fails to listen to the playerbase of that game for a long enough period, then that game will lose players until it dies.

We definitely listen to the players, and take a lot of what the players say into account.  We can't listen to everyone though, and a lot of what players want is contradictory.  And ultimately, I've got more experience than any single player, and I'm in charge.  That means I have to make the decisions I feel are the correct ones.  LordLundin, Ignotus, and Teros disagree with my choices.  That's fine; they can go play elsewhere.

when was the last time you did anything other than to collect statistics and actually got *real* experience with playing your own creation?

Dentin wrote:

JLove wrote:

Ignotus claims that his negative conversations were held on private channels, through private tells, etc., with like-minded individuals.  If that is truly the case (and I am inclined to believe him, given that he willingly admitted to his other wrongs without hesitation and admitted punishment was warranted), then I do not understand how he "spread negativity," and I fail to see how a ban, based on that in and of itself, is warranted.  I further assert that even had he expressed negativity on the gossip, newbie, and any other public channels, this still would not warrant a ban for solely that reason

The evidence I used was largely the content I found in his logfile, which had been collected over the course of several weeks.  As it is private information, I can not/will not post even snippets of it; all I can give you is the results of my investigation, which resulted in the ban.

If his negative behavior had been public so would the information as anyone logged into the game could view it and there are log files on the website. Since you deam the content to be private, what's the objection to discussing a poorly ran game with like-minded individuals via private in-game means that no one of your newly obtained newbies can see?

Finally though Dentin, I'm glad you speak so freely at last. Anyone who wish to play Alter Aeon should be shown this topic on forehand so they know what they get themselves into.

Honestly though I think you're just sick of developing so I see no reason for you to do so anymore. It clearly shows in your attitude. I would personally at this stage hand over the code to a young and spry coder who wants Alter to blossom.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : BlindJedi via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Dentin via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : BlindJedi via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Ignotus via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Dentin via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : BlindJedi via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : JLove via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : JLove via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : JLove via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Drewin via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : JLove via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : JLove via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : TheGreatCarver via Audiogames-reflector