Re: Release Date Announcement for A Hero's Call

Well there are choices for those with limited access or low caps if it ever becomes an issue.
Especially with sighted users and graphics etc.
Firstly, split downloads I guess.
The other thing is, cd or a flash drive to fit the game, now I'd imagine that would cost a bit more including extra to ship.
I do get backup disks with some orders when I can especially if I get extra goodies with it.
Usually the cd backups are 5 bucks, taking into account the disks are probably 20-50 cents per disk, if its paper the case is really not much more than 50 cents heck even a slimline is probably no more than 1 dollar, a full case can be a couple bucks maybe 3 I have looked.
Its cheaper to buy your disk cases in bulk.
There is the shipping fee.
Now Flash drive wize, I know for I think 8 bucks you can buy a small drive, in fact 12 bucks can get you a reasonable drive up to 16gb in size the smallest is 4gb I can get here.
I know a 32gb drive is like 20 bucks.
The issue would then be finding local distributers.
On the subject of login, logins for registration are quite good unless you loose your password or something.
Registration info doesn't take time to download not to long.
Ofcause you can encode your info into your game but then you have issues like release versions, needing another code and the piracy aspect to I guess.
Saying that, I don't see any problem if say a user on here can't download the game but had brought it and needs a disk or a drive if a user close to them in the same country or close to that arranges a postal shipment with a drive or a cd with the stuff in it for maybe the postal fee and cost of media.
The issue would be international to well where ever.
Its why I wouldn't do it, it would cost the user more to get it shipped pluss I'd have to envolve people.
Saying that if I was payed to distribute then I guess I could do it.
I do think there should be some additions, soundtrack addition, maybe other additions.
In the old days when it still existed back in the 90s and which I still have, I got futureboy.
There were 3 additions.
1.  a 10 buck version which was a 200mb download.
2.  a 15 buck version which was the cd in a paper case with the game.
3.  a 25 dollar version which came in a flash case, with manual, programming guide, all the platforms the game ran with, all the goodies, easter eggs, etc, the program the game was made in hugo, and 3 or so programming guides to that.
I got the everything version.
I never used the entire thing but it was just what I did in those days.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Trajectory via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Valmorian via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Valmorian via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Sean-Terry01 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : brad via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : brad via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : crashmaster via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Sean-Terry01 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : BlindJedi via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Valmorian via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Muhammad Hajjar via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Valmorian via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Phil via Audiogames-reflector