Re: Release Date Announcement for A Hero's Call

I'm so excited, my friend Dranelement  said he's gonna by the game for me for Christmas, can't wait to try it!

I've honestly been purposefully avoiding listening to any demos or even checking on the thread much throughout this hole process (which was pretty freaking hard by the way) as to not get my self excited for something that could quite easily not happen (always a major possibility with preordered games, even more so with crowd funded ones) and while I was heartened by Josiph's professionalism, and the knowledge that the majority of the game was already finished, I was very concerned about the cost overruns that happened even after the goal was exceeded by such a large amount, as it showed a seemingly large miscalculation on the team's part.

And while we aren't getting everything that was promised right away, and it is late (that should honestly always be expected for this kind of thing anyway, and this wasn't even close to a bad example of such things) the announcement of an actual release date was a vindication of the project's true status for me, and I'm now happy to join the hype train, since if the game is even two thirds of what it claims to be than it will go down in audio gaming history.

I will patiently await the delivery of the other portions of the game, as the management of delays seems to have been well thought out and transparently honest, at least from an outsiders perspective, which gives me confidence that we will have them, if not right on time, than at least not never.
Besides, shit happens, a project this long in the making, with such a small team and such a big goal is just naturally going to have tons of pitfalls and unexpected changes.

I'm really proud of the team that stuck through to the end to make this ambitious idea a reality, as well as the community at large for donating as much as they did, helping to spread the message to a wider audience, and for being understanding of the production problems along the way.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Dragomier via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Valmorian via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : SilverMoon via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Valmorian via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Dragomier via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Muhammad Hajjar via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Valmorian via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : angarag via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Cody_91 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Dragomier via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Angel via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Valmorian via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : toto via Audiogames-reflector