Re: First signs of IE becoming unusable?

Well to be honest ie is still usefull  for things like gmail because basic html you can't switch it by default without it aparently, and I really don't care for the inaccessible graphic shit they call an interface even though there are supposed to be accessibility guides I just can't get the hang of it.
As for firefox, I am completely off firefucks!
The major concern I had with it well several are at least 3 fold.
The first is the multiprocesser stages they have on it will cause websites like youtube, nasa and others to become unresponsive and cause the pc fan to race and the cpu to go full bore.
Thats not really helpfull.
Next the new web extentions.
While in theory I like the idea of a more secure experience they took the top level infobar like menu and but puttons which we as blind users can't access  so new noscript etc just doesn't work.
I did manage to get it working, however with their article on accessibility slowing things down and or causing spyware issues my suspicians are they probably don't care for blind users any fucking more and I don't either.
Chrome, the biggest issue for me is 7 and the fact a lot of stuff is unknown.
While it did have promise after I cleared my drive off with disk cleanup it happily womped bits of my addons which I had to reinstall for sound.
I use waterfox from waterfoxproject.org.
Its got no issue, optional multi cpus which is off, no tracking, no spying, aparently, and runs the old addon systems.
Its not a mozilla thing either.
Its aparently supported by an environmentally friendly search engine to.
The only drawbacks I have seen so far as while it does not have all the extra stuff mozilla has it also uses a slightly older engine.
So things like all the extra filetypes you enjoyed like mp3, ogg, zip and other archive types forget it you will have to set these manually when they come up.
It supports some web playback, and pdfs natively but thats all.
However unlike firefox I don't have inaccessible addon settings or missing menus.
I don't care about the spying everyone does it but the fact is that now I am running a crapless brouser now which the devs promise to keep xul and xpcom the tech supporting old addon types even have an addon store well cool.
Ofcause noscript and a lot of other things will not get updates after firefox 59 so if you need the latest updates this aint for you.
It allows for installing what you want, sadly the drawback means you could probably get an malware attack from an addon but as long as you don't install opencandy, install core and etc be carefull you are ok.
It does state that this thing is for geeks and those that know what they are doing though.
I have found it quite fast, there are no lags etc.
However it must be a few engine versions back from 56.
You don't get advanced things like podcasts, pocket, shields or anything.
Its basically languages and thats it.
A simple shell over the mozilla core what firefox was like 2-6 years back.
I'd actually prefer a 56.0 version of the firefox with the extras but on the other hand this thing just doesn't care that much and is stable.
The reason I didn't drop to 52.x esr is that I never found an accessible user agent to run and at any rate, it woud upgrade to 59 or 57 anyway eventually.
I am happy I use this version.
The last update was october but as I said this aint mozilla.
I could care less about fully being secure, I just want something that works right now.
I know there are probably safer ways to handle things like screen readers but to be honest we are not there yet and with what mozilla is saying, and the fact thunderbird hasn't been updated in ages I do wander what is going on with the company.
Its clear though that no blind person ever tested firefox, because the 2 holes are the buttons and limitations on web addon ui etc.

    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : bookrage via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : SirBadger via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : bookrage via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : BigGun via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : revan via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Theo via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Trenton Goldshark via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : mario navarro via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : ShadowMamba via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : bookrage via Audiogames-reflector