Re: Echoes from Levia: Soulbound is getting near!

Hi Lirin, currently on PCs and MACs inputs are from keyboard and the ingame tutorial shows keybindings for this input type.
However reading inputs from a game controller is an easy enough thing to do, so we'll definitely look into it.
Personally I see no harm in specifying keyboard as the main controller for PCs, but at the same time support also a gamepad if plugged in, mainly to provide accessibility even to people unable to use traditional input methods.

Hello Abdulla-dubais, dialogues are not readable by a screen reader, but the good news is that you don't even need a screen reader: every line of text you will find in the game is fully dubbed.
Different actors dubbed dialogues, cutscenes and other in-game speeches, while a narrating voice (still a human voice) is used to describe entries in the user interface.
There will be subtitles, for most dialogues, by the way!

Wlomas, hi, Echoes from Levia takes places in an universe that have many things to tell, our writer really put a lot of effort in it, so we couldn't simply stiff all that contents inside a single chapter.
I cannot give you an estimate date on when other chapters will be released, this is our first project that narrates of the lands of Levia. However what I can say right now is that we do have enough narrative material for a chapter 2 and that if everything goes well we will be definitively happy to work on a second chapter, but right now our energies go in finishing well and soon the first one *smile*
The player is free to walk around and explore, in fact exploration is one of the game mechanics we dealt the most. The game is story-driven and divided in different game scenarios since Seric will travel quite a lot, but every scenario gives you enough free space to roam around.
The primary localization is in english and right now is the only one. We felt that since english is widely spoken around the world we could reach more players than any other language. Localize the game in another language isn't really an issue, in fact all we have to do is translate dialogues and add other audio assets for that language.
The problem is dubbing isn't really cheap unfortunately, but there's actually nothing that stops us from localizing the game in another language, if the game is worth the candle, once we have the resources.

About multiplayer and trophies: no, we don't have any right now and this is by design. Multiplayer is surely something is fun to have in a lot of games, but, at least for now, we prefer to concentrate on giving the player a nice and all-round single player experience rather than split in half our efforts on both single and multiplayer.
Same goes for trophies, actually, trophies or unlockable achievements are something way easier to implement than multiplayer and we know many modern games go in the direction of putting trophies for many different achievements, but we felt they would just not integrate well with the game as we believe that completing parts of and discovering new details of the story is an achievements "per se" even if not defined in an official way.

Hi afsilva90. I'm afraid that most of the responses to your questions would end up spoiling too many details about the story *smile*. About Seric skills: he doesn't need to jump since every visitable place can be accessed simply walking. Let's say he is not a fast learner, although advancing the game you will find he does refine his abilities.

And again, thanks for your supporting responses *big smile*

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Cloverbit via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : abdulla-dubais via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Trenton Goldshark via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : sanslash332 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : wlomas via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : afsilva90 via Audiogames-reflector