Reading books from BARD on PC

So it's been a while since I have tried to make this happen and look into ways that this could be done, but I'm giving it another try. APH has a program (and I have no idea how old it is) called Book Wizard Reader. I've looked into this program a while back, but I gave up on it because I couldn't figure out why I couldn't listen to the books using it. Now, since a lot of time has passed, I understand that books from BARD are encrypted and any player attempting to play the books requires authorization. Knowing this, I've been attempting to get an authorization file from NLS, but I'm not entirely sure how this would be done for this situation. This program isn't included in the list of players that the BARD website provides when attempting to authorize new players. So, all that being said, my question is if anyone has ever had any success making this happen? (not even necessarily via this method) I just want to read books from BARD on my PC. lol I've tried a lot of different things in an effort to make this work. Does anyone have any ideas? I wonder why there isn't any official software from NLS on PC for this purpose.