I'm looking for a decent laptop, any suggestions?

Hey all.
I'm currently searching for a upgrade to my machine, which isn't aging too gracefully. What I'm looking for.
Nothing big, under 16 inches screen size is ideal.
At least a core I5.
No audio enhancements, or an easy way to disable them without disabling other features such as trrs enabled microphones.
Decent battery life is also something I'm looking for, as this machine will be used on the go.
Ideally I'm trying to stay within the $300 $600 range, so if we can do that, that would be great.
Everything else storage, ram, graphics, touchscreen isn't important, so whatever it is or isn't, is fine, as long as those requirements listed above are met.
Thanks guys!
P.S., yes, I know what sound cards are for. However this is a laptop I'm speaking of. I shouldn't have to lug around another accessory.