Demand for a Complex 4X Space Strategy Game?

Hi,

I've been thinking about creating a paid single player space strategy game in the 4X genre.

The only one I know of that is accessible is Aurora, which is still difficult to play due to the UI.

What I have in mind won't be as complex, something on the order of Galactic Civilizations 2.

Based on the results of this game development survey, only 50% of players would be interested in this genre, which has no arcade elements at all.

Since that survey is 3 years old, I'm wondering if this has changed. How many people would be interested in playing such a game? This won't happen unless there is sufficient interest from the community.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : audiogamer21 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : audiogamer21 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : audiogamer21 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : darren via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : audiogamer21 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : darren via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : firefly82 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : arqmeister via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : audiogamer21 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : hadi . gsf via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : audiogamer21 via Audiogames-reflector