Re: I'm looking for a decent laptop, any suggestions?

Heya all,
I can not thank you guys enough for the feedback posted. So far the most recommended line of machines are latitude. I actually had a latitude e6410) and rather loved it. The battery life was something beyond this planet. With an ssd and even on high performance on windows 7, I got somewhere between 11 to 14 hours. Then again it was a 9S battery, not sure of the capacity though.
I don't know if you guys missed it, however I still do not know if any of these recommendations have audio enhancements that are not easy to disable. Well one, actually.
Acer I'm avoiding like the plague though, until I have great reason to know the quality control issues are as good as, say, what dell used to have. I've heard way too many horror stories to risk a very large investment. I'm not trying to offend you there, just saying what's on my mind about Acer.
The dell consumer versions of the business models are absolute terrible plastic piles of garbage that run oven hot.
That said, I would never recommend going into a big box store and purchasing a laptop there anyway. You never really know what your getting unless you research in advance, however that begs the question, do they have the laptop you want in stock by the time you arrive?
And yo, lenovo x260. I waaaaaaaaaaaaant!
By the way, I did get the chance to check out a lenovo yoga something. It's a tiny thing, slim enough to make even a macbook air jealous. And the battery life and performance are about as good. And yes, it does have a touch screen which is really fun to play with NVDA. The machine belongs to a friend of mine so, I will be returning it back to her tomorrow.
Thanks guys!