Re: Accessible smart devices

I use the Talking Universal Programmable Thermostat 3000, it does require that a sighted person install it, but after it is installed, it is fully accessible without needing anything else like a smart phone app.

I also have an Amazon echo, since it is 99% voice operated with no displays of any kind, other than colored lights which aren't required to use it, it is fully accessible. It does require a mobile app to set it up and to do some things the the Echo itself can't do. The other 1% that isn't voice activated are two buttons on the top of it which are rarely needed..

I could go on and on but whether I should or not depends on your definition of what a smart device is. So, until I have a better idea of what fits and what doesn't, I'll stop there.