Re: A Hero's Call: an Accessible Fantasy RPG from Out of Sight Games

Here's a chunk of bugs and typos. I tried to be as descriptive as possible, but a lot of times that just wasn't possible because I had no idea what might have caused it; the actions were things I'd done before or something similar. For your reading convenience, errors are separated by a row of dashes.

Distracting wolves. This happened in the great road area through the north gate. It was against two wolves (one tainted, one regular) I think?:

Distract
Could not find an event with the name slash wolf
An error occurred in the sound system
Battle log
Tainted Wolf uses Slash on Simeon
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at Ian.CombatEvent.Create(CombatSounds cs, FModSoundContext sc, Boolean playTTS, Boolean wait) in C:\Data\Recent\Games\Sound\CombatEvent.cs:line 44
   at Ian.FModSoundContext.<>c__DisplayClass2f.<RunCombatSounds>b__2e() in C:\Data\Recent\Games\Sound\FModSoundContext.cs:line 502
   at Ian.Perf.TimeIt(PerfInfo pi, SystemPerfInfo spi, Action command) in C:\Data\Recent\Games\Core\Perf2.cs:line 81
   at Ian.FModSoundContext.<StartThread>b__4() in C:\Data\Recent\Games\Sound\FModSoundContext.cs:line 107
Close Battle Log

Fighting spiders (I suspect this one's already been logged). It didn't use webs at this point, or at least no such thing was mentioned, but this error occured identically the turn after, where it did use its webs attack. I went line by line in the speech log comparing them, so it was definitely the same error:

Choose a skill for Simeon
Attack
Stealth
Attack
Use Attack on who?
Giant Spider, slightly wounded
Giant Spider, at full health
Giant Spider, slightly wounded
System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.
   at System.Number.StringToNumber(String str, NumberStyles options, NumberBuffer& number, NumberFormatInfo info, Boolean parseDecimal)
   at System.Number.ParseInt32(String s, NumberStyles style, NumberFormatInfo info)
   at System.Int32.Parse(String s)
   at Ian.CombatEvent.HandleTimelineMarker(IntPtr parametersPtr) in C:\Data\Recent\Games\Sound\CombatEvent.cs:line 187
   at Ian.CombatEvent.HandleFModCallback(EVENT_CALLBACK_TYPE type, IntPtr eventInstance, IntPtr parametersPtr) in C:\Data\Recent\Games\Sound\CombatEvent.cs:line 87

The rogue's dagger has a tiny typo (unless the leading / was intentional):

/A simple weapon, the sharp blade is scratched from years of use as a utility tool and lockpick.

Trying to pickpocket a dark mage apprentice. There were also two tainted bird things in the fight and the mage might have died before I managed to pickpocket it, because I think I landed an attack before this skill went off, and he'd already been critically wounded:

Error in script.
Calling Context: combat_running_onEnter
Filename: Combat
Line: 259
Column: 35, 36
TypeError: Cannot read property 'split' of null

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : zkline via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Valmorian via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : smoothgunner via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : boy via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : arnold18 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Dragomier via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : fredd via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Soul Keeper via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Lirin via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Valmorian via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : AlirezaNosrati via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : rashad via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Dragomier via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : enes via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Dragomier via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : AlirezaNosrati via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : wiam-s via Audiogames-reflector