Re: Gaming disorder.

is there a disorder for creating disorders yet?  I mean, I know about hypochondriacs, but seriously!  It seems like every year we add a new one to the list!  We could claim that there's a disorder for just about anything under the sun if we sit around long enough and think about how many things seem abnormal to us!
Mind you, I'm not saying that there aren't gamers that take it over the top, but what kind of medication are you going to suggest putting them on to quit it?  My personal opinion on this issue is that someone is going to make money on it and is intent on doing so, as opposed to actually, you know, helping people quit?  There are people with addictive personalities who will get addicted to just about anything; no questions asked.  that they were addicted to games is owing more to personal interest and perhaps timing more than anything else; they could have just as easily been addicted to checkers and playing the game constantly in some saloon or another had they been born in the 1900's.
I'm personally with ironcross and post 8 but will take it a bit further; we should find out what causes addictions and treat it from that perspective as opposed to suggesting there is a disorder that affects only one type of addict.  Why should shopaholics, workaholics, alcoholics, gameaholics, whatever, be any different save the content they consume