Re: Should Teachers Determine Who's Allowed To Touch Your Equipment

The school I went to for high school has been known for making up its own rules. During my last year or 2 of high school we got this nice new bathroom with automatic paper towel dispensers and so on. So someone goes in and breaks everything, now everyone in the whole school knows who did it and yet the teachers felt that they had to walk every male to the bathroom until said person confesses. I was like 17 or 18 at the time and I was having none of it. I don't think being 18 should have anything to do with it. As a human you have basic rights and if you go out and use your own money to buy something it’s yours to do with as you please. If a parent buys you something and gives it to you and you’re under 18 and you are willing to take the fall when someone breaks something of yours then why not? Either it was an accident or you learn not to trust that person. It be different if your parents told you not to let anyone else use said object and you were under 10 years old. At a certain age schools really need to stop babying you and holding your hand. If they don't however will you learn to do things for yourself and be independent? I can also see if you were disturbing class or something like that but otherwise if you own it you can let whoever you want use it.