Re: 6 Swords - Fantasy Adventure game for Amazon Echo

Sorry, thought I replied. A potion of speed doubles the number of attacks the user gets in combat. Definitely a nice potion!

The quests I have planned for the premium area are not so much alignment based, but politics based. The Empire or Romitu crashed and burned about 70 years before the present. The remaining core became the Republic of Romitu since then, and the rest loosely banded together into the Amphictiony in joint support of the travel gates between capitals.
The main political parties of the Republic have been the Blues and the Greens. But recently a charismatic leader of the Reds proved very popular and broke a number of deadlocks between the Blues and Greens. His crowning achievement was getting a contract for new gates between new countries in the Amphictiony to be built fulfilled. However, in doing so he also, as a private citizen, funded the creation of many more gates in secondary cities. This earned him great respect from those overlooked cities and enmity from the major cities. Not long afterwards he left Romitu politics, and rose up in rebellion, with the stated goal of reestablishing the Empire.

So... backstory aside, the quests will mostly be aligned with either supporting the Republic or the Empire. Both will have armies roaming the field, much like caravans do in the normal world. If you are neutral or aligned with one faction, you can enter the army camp and receive quests. These will usually be to go and fight other armies and scouts. Doing so will destroy outliers, weaken that army. Unlike caravans armies can meet and fight, or be picked off. As they move they suborn territory for their side. So while the players don't control armies, their actions affect how the armies do and thus their activity affects how the war plays out in game.

But we're a bit of a ways from that yet. This week I've been revamping the item selection code. It's not going well, (and I'm currently traveling on business), so it might not be out till after the weekend. But at that point I hope that "what is a goblin" and queries like that will work.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : jjaquinta via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : bookrage via Audiogames-reflector