Re: User text in wait(); in bgt.

Hi,
Excuse me, but I did not understand your question properly. the wait() is a function in bgt which will pause your game for the specified time. the time it takes is in miliseconds. the ways a function can be used in general programming is to either give it values by hand each time or make a variable which holds your value and pass it each time to the function. if you store your waiting in a variable, you are following a nice programming approach; since now you can just change  the value your waiting variable has to increase or decrease the amount of time your wait functions are using. you can make variables for different waiting things like footsteps and so on. then you just pass those variables.
I hope this was the thing you wanted. One more approach is to use something like this:
string text="hello";
wait(text.length());
remember that a string is also an aray. the length method will return the length of the string; in our case, the string "hello" has 5 characters, thus it will return 5. so the wait function call becomes wait(5);
Regards,
Amit