Re: Windows vs Linux

Hi,
I've been just trying and discovering a bunch of destros to see which one is my fit. so far the options are pretty good. HOwever, I encountered a problem. I"m a student, thus have to read documents all the time. the problem now is, how can I read pdfs or more specifically, convert them, OCR them. And how about reading daisy, epub and others? This is really an issue and can change my decission on being a linux user. If there is no good software to read these documents on the OS then I will be forced to stay with windows 10. Having said that, I've recently started learning commandline and discovered  it's sgrenths too. So some handy commands you really love to use? Pleae note that in my distro, the "evense" pdf reader or however it is spelled is not accessible.
REgards,
Amit
REgards,
Amit