Re: Questions about outlook express

"Mario yes, outlook express 6 will work on windows 10, however if your having port problems it's more likely to be your server blocking port 25 than anything else (I had a similar issue when I was in the states a while ago with my xp machine, as explained in This topic

Try ports 587 or 465 instead.

"Orko, I did try thunderbird many moons ago, but that was on a windows 7 machine that wasn't actually mine and I wasn't sure of the  program config.

Back then the address book took either a hotkey/menu item to get into, and once in there  seemed to need to tab through all the fields to get to an email address for the person you wanted.
In fairness the address book editing did seem far easier than in windows 10 default people view, but at the same time it wasn't half as easy as outlook express with it's handy dropdown list.
Again though this was a long while ago and it's entirely possible that either that copy of thunderbird wasn't configured in an optimum way, or  there was a quicker way of navigating the address book than I found.

I will say I'm personally not as much of a fan of being reliant upon auto complete and would rather find the contact and open a message to the right person myself, one reason that I love the outlook express contacts