Re: Rubik's Touch cube speed record

@9 Yeah, just solving the cube gets less satisfying as time goes on. Introducing a time factor makes it a bit more interesting. But I'd still say it's worth every penny, and if you're the sort of person who gets satisfaction from things being orderly, and you like having something just to fiddle with for a few minutes now and again, it's great.
@10 Good question. This topic was just a bit of fun. Like I said in my opening post, you'd have to be honest with yourself and properly jumble the cube. Just moving it two turns, then putting it back would be a waste of time as we'd only be kidding ourselves that we'd solved the cube in such and such a time. There's definitely a point at which the cube is properly jumbled and isn't going to get any more so by randomly twisting some more. That said, my fastest solves have always involved a bit of help from the cube needing fewer turns to solve the middle and bottom layers, so maybe there's a way to check the cube is jumbled to a certain degree, which is I think what you're getting at. Think the official way to do it is to make five attempts, discard the fastest and slowest, then take the average of the three middle times, but whether they jumble a certain way first I have no idea.