Looking for people to test text-mode version of the game "Thaumistry"

(I hope this is the right forum section.)

Hello. Back in September, we released the text adventure game "Thaumistry: In Charm's Way." Being a text-based game, we tried to make it accessible. However, there were problems with the JAWS screen reader, due to the development framework used by the game (the Qt toolkit) not cooperating well with JAWS.

In order to resolve the issues, we decided to create a pure text-mode version of the game that runs inside a console window. This should effectively make the game fully accessible by every screen reader in existence. That's the theory, at least. We are looking for a few volunteers to play this version of the game and provide feedback.

The game is a parser-based text adventure, aka "Interactive Fiction", written by Bob Bates, in the same vein as the Infocom games of the late 1980's.

This version of the game requires Microsoft Windows. If anyone is interested, please send an email to rea...@gmail.com