Re: KNFB reader, is it worth it?

@Post 5, If you need to convert textbooks to digital formats like PDF or word, I recommend any scanner from Plustek, particularly Opticbook 3900, or Opticbook 3800. The former is a bit expensive; it is sold for 365 dollars, but the latter costs something like 220 dollars, plus you get the relevant software which is used to convert your documents to different formats.

On another note, I think it's not only the responsibility of the camera which matters; I have an iPhone 6, and when trying to OCR text with Seing AI, the results, at least in English are amazing. Also, doing the same with ABBYY Fine reader 12 produces very good results.