Re: The Road of Life

Moderation!

@ironcross, that came across as rather superior on your own behalf.
You've been warned about hasty remarks before, please bare that in mind.

Road of life.exe wrote:

---------------------------
Error
---------------------------
You must run a screen reader before starting this game!

The following applications are supported:

Jaws for Windows;

Window Eyes;

System Access;

NVDA.
OK

This is what happened when I ran the game with supernova to test if Sapi or indeed Supernova was supported.
I'm afraid Orko you picked up User100 completely wrongly there.
What he means is the game was tested with nvda but will also support Window eyes, System access and Jaws, he's just not tested the game with any of those applications so can't confirm how well it works. It also says this in the Readme.

While I agree screen reader specific applications (and not supporting Sapi), is minerly annoying (I had to cope with a lot of that when Supernova was my primary screen reader), there is no need to start jumping down throats, especially of a developer who has! made an effort to support multiple screen readers even though he himself only has access to one of them.

Myself the only problem I have with Road of life in this area is that I do wish it supported Sapi so it was accessible to people without a specific screen reader at all, though being as Nvda is free anyway this isn't as much an issue as it might be.