Re: Drum Tracks In Reaper, What should be used?

I had a look at superior in reaper using NVDA. All the menus are readable once you get them open. Just using screen review you can navigate to the library, load, and save menus, route the mouse, then left click to open them. So you could access the libraries, and the load and save menus. The problem is with loading say a combined preset is that it then opens a dialog that offers all kinds of check boxes asking exactly which aspects of the combined preset you want to load, for instance, drum kit, mixer settings, FX etc. I could navigate around the names of these check boxes because I was familiar with them, and so knew what they were, but don't know if routing the mouse and clicking would check or uncheck them. I couldn't find the dialog's ok button even with OCR, so you'd need a golden cursor point for that. Though I'm using win7 so dont' have win10's OCR capability. Just getting access to the libraries and presets is doable without too much fuss, but everything else will require a bit of work. As G-Rad pointed out the other day, you could switch to classic mode and do mouse positions for all the kit pieces so you could swap them out if you wanted. The bigger problem would be if you wanted to access sliders for adjusting volumes of instruments or microphones. Nothing useful shows up in the parameters list, and you can't really do cursor positions for sliders because they move. I know I'm flogging a dead horse, but this is where jaws scripting is really useful if you're not a programmer.
As for Superior vs Addictive; they are both trying to simulate acoustic kits. If addictive sounds more acousticlike, it actually is better at the job they're both trying to do. They're aimed at people who want to have a realistic sounding drum kit. I personally prefer the sound of addictive for the same reasons you dislike it heheh. If you are looking to create more electronic type music, there are probably way better solutions than superior and addictive, but |I wouldn't know what they were.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : black and white via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Quacker via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : black and white via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : G-Rad via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : G-Rad via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : black and white via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : G-Rad via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : black and white via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : G-Rad via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : sirpdex via Audiogames-reflector