Enhancing the quality of field recordings

Hi there guys and girls, this time I come to you with a question regarding field recording.
My recordings are mostly of thunderstorms and such, the gear that I use is a Zoom H4NPro with no external microphones, as they are to expensive for me right now, I do have Andrea Electronic binaural mics, but the noise floor is horrible when using them.
So my question is, even though the Zoom H4NPro is a quiet recorder, there is still a bit of hissing that can ruin a recording, so I would like to know if there are any software plugins witch I can use to clean up my audio a bit, I do use Reaper and Audacity for editing.
Any help will be kindly appreciated.