Re: Why Must People Crack Games

Let me destroy this gentrified freedom-of-speech concept too.

Freedom of speech does not actually mean you can say whatever you want, whenever and wherever you want, no matter what. Freedom of speech simply means you are allowed to hold opinions that your government does not hold.
If you went out and started preaching on a street corner that people should break the law, and were encouraging them to commit crimes (violent ones especially, but not exclusively) you could get yourself in a whole lot of hot water.

A VPN by its nature is often understandable. Some DRM is draconian. I agree with these things.

But let's just remember to keep boiling it down.

We're talking about audio game piracy here. Audio game piracy is inexcusable. There is no defense. If you are defending audio game piracy, or are even encouraging it, then you are a potential danger to the developers in this community, and need to be removed for their own safety.
If you don't like that, then maybe have a good long think about the need to get for free what it might otherwise cost you a little pride or a few dollars to snag. If you don't have the money, or if your country won't let you buy the game legally, then there's always the route of asking someone if they'll help you. And if you can't stomach that, then ask yourself whether or not you really need the game in the first place.
Look, I get it. Throwing yourself out there is scary and bewildering and maybe even galling. I do sympathize. But do it anyway. Trust us to stomp on anyone who treats you badly for doing it. This is the best all-around alternative to cracking audio games.

When it comes to region-specific DVDs, country restrictions on programs, vicious exchange rates, tariffs and the like, heaven knows there are other ways besides piracy. Remember that I've suggested in previous posts that there are cases where piracy might be a necessary evil, of sorts. This is never, ever true for audio games. That's what I keep coming back to, Enes.

If you can't accept this, then please don't try and come back when the mods finally ban you. JimmyDub has already come back (under a name like Dubdubdubdubdubdub or some such), sent me an obscene private message and all. If your morality is such that you think you are entitled to free things just because you want them, kindly go elsewhere.

One thing though: I'm' in agreement about meddling, by and large. There are a lot of countries that really might've done well to keep their noses out of other people's business.