Re: help with some sort of startup issue on win7

I would recommend against any and all McAfee products as they're inaccessible, and even their uninstaller was, it is doable now that NVDA has the built in OCR thing, but its not intuitive. I just uninstalled all McAfee products from this Dell laptop I bought yesterday so I know it can be done.

This is one of those obscure things you could spend the next month fighting with and you may get there, who knows, maybe not. I've had these types of things happen, though not this issue specifically. I would begin to pull all your data off the drive that you want to keep, and do a reinstall. Either get yourself a USB flash drive, or if you have a laptop as well, another solution is to get an SD card and a USB card reader, because most assuredly, the laptop would have a card reader in it, my Toshiba from 2006 had one, and all the laptops I've owned ever since have as well, so I'm sure its standard issue now.