Re: eloquence on IOS.

I mean, yes, sure, any synthesiser can seem to be acceptable once you've listened to enough of it. I use Daniel full-time now, despite his flaws, and it took me a while to get comfortable with it. But, really, just going back to Eloquence provides plenty enough comfort in a few short minutes to remind me of what I've lost as a nearly full-time Mac and iOS user. It's like lossy format audio compression, you know--once you're familiar with it, you become less incensed--or less aware--of the losses being incurred. I'm sure the JAWS default aspect is part of what keeps people using Eloquence, but I'm also fairly confident that it really is an excellent quality synth that, again despite its flaws, people will want to keep coming back to. That's the rub, for me, and I don't think it's an accident that many of us seem to agree. And I've used many, many synths--the ones I've been most fond of, from Dolphin's Orpheus to DECTalk to Keynote/Berkeley Speech to Eloquence, are all formant-based.