Re: Rubik's Touch cube speed record

Yeah, that's it. The cross involves matching the side center pieces too, then you do the corners so that they also match to get the complete top layer. When I started, I actually found it harder to solve the smooth face on its own than I did once I started putting the sides in the right order too. I had a Rubik's cube as a kid in the 80s, and knew how to do the first two layers, though I never completed it, even though my dad and cousin could do it. So I already had an idea of what was involved before I started with the tactile cube, and little bits came back to me as I played around with it again after 30 years or so.