Re: A Hero's Call: an Accessible Fantasy RPG from Out of Sight Games

Hold up guys, there is some misinformation going on about Actually Love. I'll clarify after a spoiler tag below, but first a response to Sir Badger about key binding:

I'm definitely not saying it's not possible. Nor am I saying it's not going to happen. All I was saying is that since basically all of the key mapping logic is custom coded (since the whole engine is) this sort of thing is not as easy as it would be if we were working through some API that intelligently handled all of that for us. At least that's the way I understand it. And of course any time you have a task that requires developer resources, then you have to prioritize it...and since we're still dealing with some inexplicable lag on some users' machines, and still have a couple of tenacious crashing errors that we want to hammer out, those things definitely take priority.

Now, on to clarifying the Actually Love quest.

***Spoilers and pro-tips below this point. Do not read on if you want the joy of figuring out quest progression by your own ingenuity***

Victoria's note has nothing to do with triggering or advancing the quest, however its contents are useful once the quest is active—but strictly speaking it's just pure auxiliary world-building. The "Tools of the Trade" quest also has nothing to do with starting this quest. The quest only triggers once you have progressed to a certain point in your conversations with Victoria, at which point it will start when you have a conversation with the blacksmith. Ordinarily I wouldn't give this kind of detail on how to start a quest but I want to be sure people aren't driving themselves crazy trying to pursue false leads. That's not a dig at you, Defender—I can understand why you made these assumptions. The quest's starting point is deliberately organic, so I wouldn't expect it to be intuitively obvious how it begins.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Joseph Westhouse via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : audioracer via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Joseph Westhouse via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : michaelhoffman1976 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : SirBadger via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : audioracer via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : audioracer via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : audioracer via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Joseph Westhouse via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : phoenix1991 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : audioracer via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Joseph Westhouse via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Nick via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : audioracer via Audiogames-reflector