Re: Please help, Recovery files after shift+delete.

I tell this just in case, because it's probably exceptional: I don't know why but sometimes the system makes a backup before the deletion. I know because it happened to me in Windows 10. I discovered the backup after having spent the previous night recovering most files from a live CD. From Windows, by right clicking the parent folder (I think) and selecting the tab "previous versions" I found a backup just before the deletion. I didn't ask for a backup. Maybe it was because the deleted files were relatively big. I don't know. This auto-backup didn't happen again.

I avoid using shift delete and also I empty the trash from time to time, because once I have accidentally restored a huge trash bin and it was quite messy...

As long as you try and research, use a live CD and consider your drive as a read-only data drive.

From https://www.howtogeek.com/169344/how-to … ate-guide/ :

"If you deleted a file on a magnetic hard drive and you’re still using that computer, the safest thing to do is shut down the computer immediately. If you continue using the computer—even if you’re just installing file-recovery software—it’s possible that a program on your computer could write data that overwrites the deleted file’s data on your hard drive.

With the computer shut down, you should boot from a file-recovery live CD or USB drive, or remove the hard drive from the computer entirely and place it in another computer as a secondary drive. The key is to avoid writing to the drive entirely. Use file-recovery software to scan the drive, and hopefully you’ll find the deleted file. If you deleted the file recently and haven’t written to the drive much, you have a fairly good chance of recovering it. If you deleted the file two weeks ago, and have written to the drive quite a bit, it’s very unlikely that you’ll recover the file."