Re: The Road of Life

One thing I just ran into (litterally) is that there's a lot of difficulty in telling when you've safely past an ice hole. This is because of the way audio panning works; left and ahead is the same as left and behind, and its easy to get confused when you have multiple holes in close proximity. In my case the hole was on one side with another coming up on the other, and since I couldn't tell I'd past the first hole, I didn't think I could turn back and drove into the second hole.
Have you considered adding some form of cue to tell the player they've past a hole? Maybe a sound, maybe lowering the pitch of the hole they past, maybe just stopping the audio completely (if I'm by the hole I don't care about it anymore). Personally I like the last one a lot, but it would be pretty jarring in terms of audio design. You could even add an option to let the player shift between the three.